Kirjoittaja Aihe: Ubuntu 10.04 IHC6 sound from laptop speakers and/or headphones  (Luettu 1791 kertaa)

naxbycity

• Käyttäjä
    • Profiili
FYI,

I have a Compaq NC6120 Laptop with OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I wasn't able to mute laptop speakers and listen only headphones. The sound came from both devices.

You can find your audio controlled with command lspci as follows;

Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

I got the sound work following way;

Add line into /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf as follows

options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv5

I am not actually sure if this option is needed in alsa-base.conf but any case I added it !.

Install gamix if not already installed

sudo apt-get install gamix

reboot yr laptop

Open alsa mixer
Applications ->Sound&Video->ALSA Mixer

You should see on top
INTEL IHC6 with AD1981B : Analog Devices AD1981B

There is a checkbox "Headphone Jack Sense". Check the box. Then the sound is coming only from headphones provided that they are connected. ;) And when you disconnect the headphones, the sound is coming from laptop speakers.

I browsed very very many pages and follewed numerous instructions but no help. By accident, I found some instructions in forum.ubuntu-fi.org and with previously read information combined with forum info, I got the sound work correct way.

I hope that this will help Finnish users as well as all other, who may have problems with Intel IHC6 soundcard.

Lamprey from Naxbycity