Kirjoittaja Aihe: Problems with AnySee E30C+ on Ubuntu ver 7.10  (Luettu 5631 kertaa)

vnuckcha

• Käyttäjä
    • Profiili
Problems with AnySee E30C+ on Ubuntu ver 7.10
« : 12.03.08 - klo:16.23 »
Hi,

First please accept my appologies for writing in english. However, i am currently living in Finland but my finnish is not so good for me to give good explanations on this forum. So, if this is not acceptable then i can move my posting to some english forum.

I recently got an HP AMD64 pc and an external digibox "AnySee E30C+" from verkkokauppa and i tried to set the system up to be used with MythTV. After installing ubuntu, i am able to connect to the net (via WLAN) and download the driver available at this URL http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/anysee/. However, before i am even able to run the dvbscan to test that the digibox is visible from ubuntu, i am getting trouble rebooting ubuntu because of some wifi module loading. This problem was not around before installing the above driver. This is a caption of the errors produced while ubuntu is reloading.

Lainaus
modprobe: WARNING: Error inserting iwlwifi_rc80211_simple (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/ubuntu/wireless/iwlwifi/mac80211/origin/net/mac80211/iwlwifi_rc80211_simple.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

After some digging, it appears that updating the driver or, the kernel (from next ubuntu branch) could fix the problem. i'll post here once i've tried the options.

Cheers
vik

« Viimeksi muokattu: 16.03.08 - klo:11.04 kirjoittanut vnuckcha »

Risto H. Kurppa

• Käyttäjä
  • Useita Kubuntuja ajossa.
    • Profiili
    • http://risto.kurppa.fi
Vs: Problems with AnySee E30C+ on Ubuntu ver 7.10
« Vastaus #1 : 16.03.08 - klo:20.54 »
HI & welcome to the finnish Ubuntu forums :)

Are you running a 64 or 32-bit Ubuntu?

There is a thread about anysee at http://forum.ubuntu-fi.org/index.php?topic=1805.0 - someone there might have had the same problem as you. I requested if someone there could answer to you so let's see what happens.

r

btw, as crope (the guy who wrote the driver) writes here, the drivers don't work yet on E30C+, firmware ver 0.1.2. Is that the one you have? He doesn't have access to the latest version so he can't make it work (yet).
UUSI UBUNTUN KÄYTTÄJÄ: SÄÄSTÄ AIKAASI LUKEMALLA  -> TÄMÄ <-

crope

• Käyttäjä
  • Fedora 12
    • Profiili
    • http://palosaari.fi/
« Vastaus #2 : 16.03.08 - klo:21.18 »
I recently got an HP AMD64 pc and an external digibox "AnySee E30C+" from verkkokauppa and i tried to set the system up to be used with MythTV. After installing ubuntu, i am able to connect to the net (via WLAN) and download the driver available at this URL http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/anysee/. However, before i am even able to run the dvbscan to test that the digibox is visible from ubuntu, i am getting trouble rebooting ubuntu because of some wifi module loading. This problem was not around before installing the above driver. This is a caption of the errors produced while ubuntu is reloading.

Lainaus
modprobe: WARNING: Error inserting iwlwifi_rc80211_simple (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/ubuntu/wireless/iwlwifi/mac80211/origin/net/mac80211/iwlwifi_rc80211_simple.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

We have discussed this via email earlier :) But problem is that I don't have any idea how it could be possible that kernel wlan-drivers are affected by kernel dvb-drivers. I doubt that this error is coming from elsewhere. Anyhow, updating / re-installing kernel should fix it. After that install anysee drivers again and see if it breaks wlan again. If it breaks there could be really something wrong with v4l-dvb-tree.

regards
Antti

vnuckcha

• Käyttäjä
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #3 : 17.03.08 - klo:01.02 »
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum :)

Are you running a 64 or 32-bit Ubuntu?

i am using 64-bit ubuntu (and, i also tried the 32-bit one)

btw, as crope (the guy who wrote the driver) writes here, the drivers don't work yet on E30C+, firmware ver 0.1.2. Is that the one you have? He doesn't have access to the latest version so he can't make it work (yet).

i am not sure how i can check the firmware version but according to Antti, i have at least the good version of the boxi (vendor ID 0x04b4).

We have discussed this via email earlier Smiley But problem is that I don't have any idea how it could be possible that kernel wlan-drivers are affected by kernel dvb-drivers. I doubt that this error is coming from elsewhere. Anyhow, updating / re-installing kernel should fix it. After that install anysee drivers again and see if it breaks wlan again. If it breaks there could be really something wrong with v4l-dvb-tree.

i have tested this problem several times in the following way:
  • Installed ubuntu 7.10 (AMD 64 bit) as available from ubuntu site.
  • Enabled the WLAN and tested the connection by visiting some internet pages. (On some occasions, i applied the security updates (and package upgrades) from the internet using that WLAN connection.)
  • Rebooted the computer and tested the WLAN again and it worked (even on those occasions where the ubuntu was updated)
  • Downloaded the driver code for the digiboxi from linuxtv site (still using the WLAN connection), built it and installed.
  • Rebooted the computer and this is where the wlan module problem begins.

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate. i will keep you posted as i try things out more.

Thanks again
vik
« Viimeksi muokattu: 17.03.08 - klo:01.16 kirjoittanut vnuckcha »

vnuckcha

• Käyttäjä
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #4 : 18.03.08 - klo:00.10 »
Hello

Some update in case someone is interested:

I have upgraded the ubuntu installation to 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-12) and the problems persists. In fact, i am unable to see any modprobe message and the boot get stuck on some driver loading stage.

Next, i try the ndiswrapper for the windows driver of the wlan.

Cheers
vik

crope

• Käyttäjä
  • Fedora 12
    • Profiili
    • http://palosaari.fi/
« Vastaus #5 : 18.03.08 - klo:00.20 »
I have upgraded the ubuntu installation to 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-12) and the problems persists. In fact, i am unable to see any modprobe message and the boot get stuck on some driver loading stage.

Well, you have now new kernel that does not have Anysee installed?
Then it should be problem elsewhere than Anysee drivers.

/antti

vnuckcha

• Käyttäjä
    • Profiili
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

i meant to say after installing the ubuntu 8.04 (i.e. wanted new kernel), the WLAN was working fine. Then after installing the anysee drivers, the booting problem came back except that i could not see anymore on the booting console what the problem was this time.

This is why i want to revert back to 7.10 and use ndiswrappers on the WLAN driver and see what the consequences are wrt to the WLAN after installing the AnySee drivers.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

After installing the latest ubuntu version (8.04) for my computer (AMD64 version of ubuntu) and installing the drivers provided by crope as described in some other thread of this forum, i am still encountering the booting problem described above. Running the boot in debug mode produces the following error which i am unable at the moment to understand and fix:

The error occurs at the level of "* Loading hardware drivers ..."

The error message produced is:
Koodia: [Valitse]
[     79.393478]  Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference at 0000000000000225 RIP:
[     79.393511]    [<ffffffff8856b83a>]  : saa7134:saa7134_tuner_callback+0xa/0x190
etc...

So, if someone has some clue then please let me know. Or, if i could provide some more info then i could gladly do so. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
vik
« Viimeksi muokattu: 18.04.08 - klo:22.15 kirjoittanut vnuckcha »